If you are an educator planning a trip to Filey, Discover Filey has equipment to assist. This includes a tented classroom (20 – 30 capacity) and packs for children containing high quality binoculars, field microscopes, identification guides and other material. Our core volunteers are CRB checked and will assist with setting up the equipment and can provide such assistance as you require. The tent can be pitched on Filey’s seafront, only a few yards from the Lifeboat Station and Filey’s Coble Landing, or on Filey’s Country Park which has good parking (fee required) and good access to the seashore.We will consider bringing the tent to local schools on request. We have a range of activities lasting for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Our volunteers subscribe to a child and vulnerable adults protection policy
- We only work with accompanied children.
- We have extensive first aid kits and our key volunteers are first aid trained
- We have years of experience of working on the seashore
- We have access to a VHF marine transceiver radio with a qualified operator
- Comprehensive risk assessments are available for several activities
- We have a comprehensive public liability insurance
We will be arranging our own events during the year, so access to these facilities is limited and because of high demand . Events this year are free, although we appreciate donations to our running costs. Please ‘contact us‘ for further details. Tide tables specific for Filey Bay are available free for schools from us on request. Volunteers work for the Filey 4wards Community Development Trust.
Bags and other equiment were sourced from Cammish Outdoors 2c Mitford Street, Filey.
We are now fully committed for the 2016 season, but we welcome inquiries for the next (2017) season. Sorry for any inconvenience.