Filey Food Festival 2013.
By Katie Widera
After a hugely successful first year in 2012, the dates for this year’s Filey Food Festival have been confirmed for Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of June. The 2013 festival is all set to be a unique opportunity to try and buy a vast assortment of locally grown, made or brewed food and drink. The outdoor attractions are to be situated in the beautifully scenic Glen and Crescent Gardens, whilst the Evron Centre will play host to some of the many stalls.
Crowds flocked to last year’s event and were not disappointed by the variety of goods and the expertise of the people involved, and this year things are expected to be bigger and better with an even more impressive choice of produce. Stalls will be open between 9am and 5pm, with free admission to everyone. And with demonstrations from local chefs, in the food theatre, on what to do with all this food, there really will be something for everybody.
Chris Elley, the events main organiser has this to say about the Festival: ‘The 2012 Festival was a huge success considering the lack of funds for advertising. Over 3000 people came, shopped, tasted and watched the local chef demonstrations. The real highlight for me was the choice of food that was available. This year we have a bigger array of local chefs, and the Yorkshire Coast College students showing a very high standard of skills and creative cookery. I am looking forward to the children’s fair this year, as well as the beer tent and wine tasting – which were not in situ last year.’
Attractions include –
- The Filey Bay Today ‘Great Filey Bake Off’ sponsored by Redcliffe farm shop – entry forms only available in the May issue of Filey Bay Today -with a £50 voucher to spend in Redcliffe Farm Shop.
- The Food Theatre sponsored by Filey Tourist association presenting demonstrations from local chefs, plus Yorkshire Coast College’s ‘Star Chefs of the Future’ including their own Ready Steady Cook.
- Food tasting at the World Food Café (Saturday only).
- Bonhommes Bar to host the Yorkshire Beer Festival, with hand pulled Yorkshire Beer available in many pubs.
- Beer tent and wine tasting. (New for 2013)
- Plus award-winning gingerbread, game, pies, chocolates, vegetables, chutneys, mustards, jams, smoked meat, fish and fresh coffee.
- Childrens fair.
And with even more new exhibitors and attractions likely to be announced closer to the day, it really is expected to be a fun-packed weekend for the whole family!
The event is to be held in association with Sant’Angelo Resources and the Councils of Filey, Scarborough, North Yorkshire and East Riding of Yorkshire. Welcome to Yorkshire, Discover Filey, Deliciously Yorkshire, Filey Tourism Association, Filey Chamber of Trade & Commerce and The Official Accommodation Provider for the event Hotelscanners.com.
Latest NewsSeptember 19th, 2014
Winter 2014/2015 Programme of Events All talks are at 7 pm in the conference room, Evron Centre, [...]June 2nd, 2013
Our volunteers had a brilliant day at Filey Food Festival Yesterday despite the dull and chilly weat[...]
Change text size